Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
You may be asked to provide your personal information anytime you are in contact with Perigee Labs, Inc.. You are not required to provide the personal information that we have requested, but, if you chose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to any queries you may have.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Perigee Labs, Inc. may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect
- When you create a Perigee Labs, Inc. account, register for a tournament or purchase a product, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
- When you share your content with family and friends using Perigee Labs, Inc. products, send gift certificates and products, or invite others to participate in Perigee Labs, Inc. services or forums, Perigee Labs, Inc. may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. Perigee Labs, Inc. will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Perigee Labs, Inc.’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of Perigee Labs, Inc. account holders.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Perigee Labs, Inc., you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Perigee Labs, Inc.’s products, services, and customer communications.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, location, and the time zone so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
If you want to disable cookies check with your browser provider to find out how to do so. Please note that certain features of the Perigee Labs, Inc. website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Perigee Labs, Inc. may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Perigee Labs, Inc. website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Perigee Labs, Inc. may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Perigee Labs, Inc. to provide products and services, or that help Perigee Labs, Inc. market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by Perigee Labs, Inc. to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
It may be necessary – by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence âˆ’ for Perigee Labs, Inc. to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Perigee Labs, Inc. takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Perigee Labs, Inc. online services protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by Perigee Labs, Inc., we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures.
When you use some Perigee Labs, Inc. products, services, or applications the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Perigee Labs, Inc. is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using Perigee Labs, Inc. products and services. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, without first receiving verifiable parental consent we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Children under the age of 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, are not permitted to create their own Perigee Labs, Inc. accounts, unless their parent provided consent.
If at any time a parent needs to access, correct, or delete data associated with their child’s Perigee Labs, Inc. account, they may contact us through our Contact Form.
To provide location-based services on Perigee Labs, Inc. products, Perigee Labs, Inc. and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your Perigee Labs, Inc. computer or device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices approximate location. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Perigee Labs, Inc. and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, your device may share its geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
Third Party Sites and Services
Perigee Labs, Inc. websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Perigee Labs, Inc. employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
All such communications are examined and replies issued where appropriate as soon as possible. If you are unsatisfied with the reply received, you may refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction. If you ask us, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.